Tuesday, December 30, 2008

For some reason I can't readily explain, I have begun to notice trees... and to be fascinated by them. I probably took more photographs of trees in 2008 than I had ever done before. Today I bicycled back from El Cajon to San Diego by following the trail by the San Diego River that runs through Mission Gorge. The trees seems to me to be not only alive, but expressive of their aliveness. There was no wind, not even a gentle breeze, but the trees seemed to move. Perhaps you can see in the photographs what I mean.THE TREE which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity, and by these I shall not regulate my proportions; and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination Nature is Imagination itself. As a man is, so he sees.

--William Blake

No comments: