Thursday, December 04, 2008

PHOTOGRAPH(S) FOR THURSDAY, DECEMBER 4California is a wonderful, crazy place to live (or visit). It's not hard to find the crazy stuff. You stumble (or ride) into the wonderful stuff without even trying.

There aren't many places in America where flowers bloom profusely in the middle of winter. Actually, winter hasn't officially come yet; but the calendar doesn't decide the weather in several places Margaret and I visited last month. Two days ago I was bundled in the heaviest winter clothing I own. Today in San Diego I went for a bike ride wearing shorts and a tee-shirt. I wandered around in a patch of camellias and snapped away with my little point-and-shoot camera. The flowers were so stunning that I couldn't decide which should be the photo du jour; so I'm posting all of them.







No comments: