Thursday, November 13, 2008

THURSDAY PHOTOGRAPHDICKENS CHARACTER ON THE STREET IN CAMBRIDGE, OHIO

Cambridge is getting itself ready for the holiday season by setting up its main street to look like something from a Charles Dickens story. It happens every year at this time, I expected to see one of the Cratchets step out onto the sidewalk at any moment. The streets are lined with life-size figures dressed as Dickens characters. I was walking around photographing them when I was startled to see the man in my photograph was real. There was real smoke coming from a real pipe and very real eyes watching me. He actually broke the Dickens mood by taking out an iPhone and snapping a picture of me taking a picture of him. He patted the bench and invited me to sit down. We chatted for a few minutes, and I went on to find the coffee shop where I could post my pictures for the day. I probably have never posted a daily picture more "hot off the press" than this one.

WEDNESDAY PHOTOGRAPHOHIO WINTER

Winter etches itself on the Ohio landscape long before autumn is finished. By November, morning light comes up slowly and afternoon light fades soon after four o’clock. I took this photograph around half past three.

1 comment:

joaquindelonte said...

I didn't know you guys were going to be in Ohio! I suppose you are probably already gone.. but it would be great to see you both!