Friday, November 07, 2008

PHOTOGRAPH FOR THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 6CALIFORNIA SAND DUNES

When I need reminding that the earth is a living, changing planet in a universe so vast, so beautiful, so terrifying that I can't begin to get my mind, my inner vision of reality around it, I look at these sand dunes near Southern California's border with Arizona; and I see change happening before my eyes. I like these dunes because they remind me of people, layers and layers of people lying side by side and tenderly all over each other. I like the idea that we finally, in our separateness and our existential selves, are one with each other. When my fellow citizens who voted to take away a civil right from other people see what I see, they will be embarrassed and ashamed for having voted to take away a basic right from others who simply want to enjoy marriage based in love. They will finally recognize that the Jesus they claim to know would not do what they did on November fourth,

No comments: