Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Today I had difficulty deciding which of a couple of photographs to choose for my photo du jour. Both photographs have good stories that go with them, so I decided to use this one of Dave and his new car for the BLOG. The story that goes with this photograph should be told.

Dave drove his new car to our regular Wednesday morning meeting for coffee. In an earlier BLOG I wrote about the marriage of Dave and his partner Clyde. He told me that he hadn’t received his new license plates, and he proudly showed me how he had written “Just Married” in the spot where the license plate will go. We went into the shop for coffee, had a nice hour-long discussion at an outside table, and then he left for work.

A couple minutes after Dave had left the table, he came running back... big smile... holding a note from a yellow steno pad. The note said simply, “CONGRATULATIONS.” The page had been folded around an ARCO gift card worth $50. The note wasn’t signed.

No comments: